The RuneScape Classic bank is divided into 4 pages; each page can contain 48 items; in total, 192 different items can be stored in a player's bank.
Players first learn about how to use a bank on tutorial island, where a section of the tutorial is dedicated to walking a player through depositing and withdrawing items.
In RuneScape Classic, only one player can talk to a non-player character at a time. Because talking to a Banker is required to access your bank account, banking can be difficult in busier areas of the game.
- Al Kharid
- East Ardougne North
- East Ardougne South
- Falador East
- Falador West
- The Grand Tree (2nd floor, southwest)
- Mage Arena
- Seer's Village
- Shantay Pass (the fastest accessed bank; the only bank chest in the game)
- Shilo Village
- Tree Gnome Stronghold (staffed by Gnome bankers)
- Varrock East
- Varrock West
- Upon release only coins could be banked
- In 30 January 2001 guards started being placed in Varrock to withdraw money more safely. The concept of guards would apply to Varrock and future banks, just before the Wilderness got implemented.
- In 12 June 2001 it became possible to deposit 1000 coins at a time at the bank.
- In 26 July 2001, banks were reworked to be able to store any item and not just coins. Users could store up to 48 distinct items with a maximum limit of 16 million items per stack.
- In 21 February 2002, members had available 2x48 bank pages to be able to store up to 96 distinct items.
- In 7 May 2003, members had available 4x48 bank pages, being able to store up to 192 distinct items. This would set the cap in RuneScape Classic's history.
- In the re-opening of RuneScape Classics of 2009, "withdraw-x" and "deposit-x" options were added to the bank's interface, making withdrawing and depositing items faster.