Cooking allows players to cook raw food into cooked food. First, a player needs a raw food item and a fire or range to cook on. Raw food can be obtained from the fishing skill as well as remains dropped from various monsters. There is a slight possibility that players can burn the food, in which it becomes useless to eat. It should also be noted that ranges have less of a chance of burning food, and the Lumbridge Castle range has even less of a chance of burning food which can be used by the player after completion of the Cook's Assistant quest. Additionally, the higher a player's Cooking level is, the lower of a chance there is of burning food.
Various food items are able to heal different amounts. Some can heal a little amount, while others can heal a player by a large amount (up to 21 hits). Generally, the higher the cooking level required to cook an item, the more it heals.
Different types of food can be made with the cooking skill:
|... and others|
Additionally, there are several different kinds of gnomish recipes which are possible for the player to make:
- The player "Tks" was first to achieve level 99 in the Cooking skill
- Cook's Assistant - 300 Experience
- Gertrude's Cat - 355 Experience
- Family Crest - Optionally rewards the player the Gauntlets of cooking, which greatly increases cooking success rates
- Fishing Contest - A new type of fish: Giant Carp
- Hero's Quest - 2825 Experience, and also teaches the player how to fish and cook Lava eels
- Legend's Quest - Teaches the player how to prepare Cooked Oomlie meat Parcels