|Release date: 27 August 2002 (Update)|
|Start: Talk to Edmond, in the house north of Ardougne Castle, by the wall of West Ardougne.|
|Monsters to kill: None|
- Talk to Edmond to find out about his missing daughter Elena and the plague in West Ardougne.
- Next talk to Elena's mother Alrena.
- Go to McGrubor's Wood (east of the coal mine) through the broken fence, and pick up some Dwellberries. Take them back to Alrena to gain a Gasmask and a picture of Elena. If you lose your gasmask at any point during the quest, go back into Alrena's home, and 'search' the cupboard for a replacement.
Entering the Plague CityEdit
- Talk to Edmond. After doing so, use your buckets of water on the Dug up soil in the garden until it is soft enough to dig; you will fall through into the sewer.
- Use a rope on the Large Sewer pipe, and then talk to Edmond to unblock the path. Climb through the pipe into West Ardougne.
Inside the Plague CityEdit
- Talk to Jethick as you come out of the sewer, he tells that Elena used to stay with Rehnison family and asks you to return the book. Go to the house slightly north-west (brown and white) and try to walk inside. Ted Rehnison will take the book from you as you walk in. Speak to him and he will tell you to talk to his daughter Milli.
- Milli Rehnison will direct you to an abandoned house in the south-east of West Ardougne. You will be stopped from entering the house, as you need a warrant.
- Go to the Civic Office of West Ardougne above the square (checkerboard on the minimap), and ask the clerk who is through the door. Tell her it is urgent and you will be granted access. Talk to Bravek, who will tell you about a hangover cure, and give you a Scruffy note describing how to make a hangover cure.
- Use some chocolate dust and snape grass on a bucket of milk to make the hangover cure. He will give you a warrant to enter the abandoned house.
- Elena is hidden in the basement - find the little key hidden in the barrel nearby and release her. Talk to her father Edmond for your reward.
- Some mining experience - depending on your mining level: 175 + 75 * level
Next Quest - Biohazard
The clock on the front of the civic building takes up floor tiles, and players are unable to walk beneath it, although it appears to be on the first floor.
The clock is also seen to be set at approximately 5:47, using a 12 hour face, or 11:47 using a 24 hour face.