|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Quest item||Yes - Demon Slayer|
|Shop price||75gp - Legends' Guild Shop|
|Sale price||25gp - Legends' Guild Shop|
|Examine||A magic sword|
Silverlight is a magical sword that has increased power against demons. This sword is obtained during the Demon Slayer quest, and it has a similar appearance to a steel long sword. Although Silverlight significantly boosts WeaponPower while fighting demons, it has a low WeaponAim. Thus, this sword is rarely used after the completion of Demon Slayer because many players can use more powerful weapons for combat. If Silverlight is equipped when attacking a demon, the demon's combat stats will be temporarily reduced, even if you then switch to a different weapon. Silverlight will NOT have this effect if you start using it in the middle of a fight. Silverlight is often used by Tank Mages training their level in Defense, as it has no Attack requirement to wield and gives good offensive stats compared to other one-handed iron weapons.
If you lose this weapon after completion of the Demon Slayer quest, the only way to re-obtain one is to speak to Sir Prysin in the southwestern corner of the Varrock Palace and pay him 500 coins. During the quest, loss of this sword does not require a payment. It is possible to obtain multiple Silverlights by dropping one, purchasing multiple others then picking them up. You can also purchase Silverlight from the store in the Legends' Guild if you have completed Legends' Quest.
A player wielding Silverlight
- Silverlight is often considered useful for players doing Legends' Quest, as it immensely weakens Nezikchened.
- While fighting demons, Silverlight has WeaponPower similar to that of a runite long sword.
- Silverlight cannot be created using the Smithing skill. Contrary to various rumours, it is impossible to create this weapon from Silver, despite the prefix in the sword's name.
- Upon the conversion to RuneScape 2, the sword was given a significant Strength and Attack bonus increase.
- Silverlight has similar stats to the Faladian sword, a weapon also obtained from a quest.
- Silverlight was once two-handed, but was changed to its current state.
- Excluding Excalibur, Silverlight is the only weapon in RuneScape Classic with a name rather than a description of the weapon and the type of the weapon.