List of skillsEdit
The 18 skills are:
|Attack||The ability to inflict damage more often in combat. As you level attack higher, you are able to use better weapons.|
|Defense||The ability to block attacks and be hit with less damage more often in combat. As you level defense higher, you are able to use better armour.|
|Strength||The ability to inflict higher amounts of damage in combat as you level strength higher.|
|Hits||The amount of damage you can be inflicted with before you die.|
|Ranged||The ability to hit an enemy with projectile weapons (such as a bow and arrow) from long range.|
|Prayer||The ability to use prayers that enhance other skills or provide additional protection during combat.|
|Magic||The ability to cast spells, using runes, to inflict damage, impair an enemy, enchant items, transmute items, or teleport.|
|Cooking||The ability to cook meat, fish, pies, and other foods that will provide healing of Hits when eaten.|
|Woodcut||The ability to use an axe to cut a tree and obtain logs.|
|Fletching||The ability to make bow, arrows, and other projectile weapons.|
|Fishing||The ability to obtain raw fish from fishing spots along the shore.|
|Firemaking||The ability to light logs on fire with a tinderbox.|
|Crafting||The ability to produce pottery, jewellery, glassware, and other processed goods.|
|Smithing||The ability to smelt ores into metal bars and to smith those bars into weapons and armour.|
|Mining||The ability to mine ores from rocks using a pickaxe.|
|Herblaw||The ability to identify herbs and to mix them with other ingredients to create potions that will give boosts in various skills.|
|Agility||The ability to navigate through various shortcuts.|
|Thieving||The ability to pickpocket from NPCs and to steal from stalls.|
Each skill has a maximum cap of 536,870,911 experience points which may be gained. Each skill requires 13,034,431 experience points to achieve level 99. The maximum level you can reach in a skill is 99. Attack, Strength, Defense, Hits, Prayer, Ranged and Magic also count towards your Combat level.
Your total level is based on the sum of all of your skill levels. The maximum skill total in Runescape Classic is 1782.
|Skill total||Average skill level||Total experience, minimum|
- Tailoring was a former skill in RuneScape Classic, used to tan and craft leather items. It was later merged into Crafting.
- Influence, although it did not follow a experience curve, was displayed as a former skill and was changed to become Quest points.
- Carpentry was a proposed skill, but was not implemented in the game. It was later implemented in RuneScape 2 as the Construction skill.
- Summoning was a proposed addition to the Magic skill which would have allowed players to summon monsters. It would have used the life-rune. It was later implemented in RuneScape 2 as the Summoning skill.
- Along with the other equipment status, there used to be a hiding stat, though no equipable item gave a 'hiding' bonus.