List of skillsEdit
The 18 skills are:
|Attack||The ability to inflict damage more often in combat. As you level attack higher, you are able to use better weapons.|
|Defense||The ability to block attacks and be hit with less damage more often in combat. As you level defense higher, you are able to use better armour.|
|Strength||The ability to inflict higher amounts of damage in combat as you level strength higher.|
|Hits||The amount of damage you can be inflicted with before you die.|
|Ranged||The ability to hit an enemy with projectile weapons (such as a bow and arrow) from long range.|
|Prayer||The ability to use prayers that enhance other skills or provide additional protection during combat.|
|Magic||The ability to cast spells, using runes, to inflict damage, impair an enemy, enchant items, transmute items, or teleport.|
|Cooking||The ability to cook meat, fish, pies, and other foods that will provide healing of Hits when eaten.|
|Woodcut||The ability to use an axe to cut a tree and obtain logs.|
|Fletching||The ability to make bow, arrows, and other projectile weapons.|
|Fishing||The ability to obtain raw fish from fishing spots along the shore.|
|Firemaking||The ability to light logs on fire with a tinderbox.|
|Crafting||The ability to produce pottery, jewellery, glassware, and other processed goods.|
|Smithing||The ability to smelt ores into metal bars and to smith those bars into weapons and armour.|
|Mining||The ability to mine ores from rocks using a pickaxe.|
|Herblaw||The ability to identify herbs and to mix them with other ingredients to create potions that will give boosts in various skills.|
|Agility||The ability to navigate through various shortcuts.|
|Thieving||The ability to pickpocket from NPCs and to steal from stalls.|
Your total level is based on the sum of all of your skill levels. The maximum skill total in Runescape Classic is 1782.
|Skill total||Average skill level||Total experience, minimum|
- Tailoring was a former skill in RuneScape Classic, used to tan and craft leather items. It was later merged into Crafting.
- Influence was a former skill, but was changed to become Quest points.
- Carpentry was a proposed skill, but was not implemented in the game. It was later implemented in RuneScape 2 as the Construction skill.
- Summoning was a proposed addition to the Magic skill which would have allowed players to summon monsters. It would have used the life-rune. It was later implemented in RuneScape 2 as the Summoning skill.
- Along with the other equipment status, there used to be a hiding stat, though no equipable item gave a 'hiding' bonus.